SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

A Bit Off Topic, But Can I Show You Anyway????

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

I've just picked up a new garden statue we found at an art show earlier this month. He's standing in our living room for now, because it's snowing here today and I need DH's help to place him outside. He'll actually go right outside the patio door wall to our front portal. We're planning on putting him in the plant bed near our abobe banco (bench) area so that we can see him from our living and dining rooms, as well as from our front portal seating areas:

{{gwi:1441123}}

I love him, although I'm not sure if any of you will (hee hee!). He's a Contemporary vision of an Indian Shaman and stands six feet tall. Here he is in our living room where I'll keep him until DH & I can dig a hole and plant his base this weekend. I'm already LOL at what you must be thinking now!

{{gwi:1441124}}

I love his face. He's pretty much entirely copper, although his face has a clear protective glaze over it. BTW, have I ever mentioned that DH is part Native American? His great-grandmother was a full-blooded Cherokee.

{{gwi:1441125}}

And this is a close-up of the cut outs on the body. We've been looking for a piece of sculpture for this area, but had to take into consideration the wind factor out front there. This guy should do well . . . we hope! If not, we'll move him someplace else on our property that gets less wind.

{{gwi:1441127}}

Sooooo, I'm thinking an evergreen garland around his neck for Christmas ;^D

Lynn

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County
More Discussions