SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alku05

Desparately need an exellent grout sealer

alku05
12 years ago

We just put in tile floors in our three new bathrooms, and two of them have pale colored grout. Our kids bath has a white grout, and our master has a very pale gray. I wanted to put in a gray grout in the kids bath (B/W octagon dot tile) because I feared white grout staining. However, DH wanted white and our contractor sided with him assuring me that today's grouts were much more stain resisitant, and that he uses a great grout sealant. We've had platinum grout in our marble backsplash sealed with 511 impregnator that has remained spotless (even with dried on tomato sauce)for 4 years, so I bought this spiel.

Well today I discovered that our cat puked on the kids bathroom floor, and it has TOTALLY stained the grout. The bathroom isn't even finished yet! I know vomit is particuarly difficult, but I did expect a little resistance.

The grout is mapei, and the contractor used "Granito Impregnator" from EcoStone to seal the grout. I'm not convinced that sealer did a &@## thing. Obviously I'm going to have to figure out a way to whiten this grout, and reseal it with a different product. What should I use? Can I use my 511 Impregnator on this, or it that a no-go on ceramic?

I am just sick over this...our cat is a lifelong puker, and not to mention what my daughters (currently 2 & newborn) are going to put it through over the years. DH is going to blow a fuse when he gets home and sees it...

Comments (11)