SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Where Were You???

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

I was expecting our bus to arrive here this past weekend, so that I could take you all to New Mexico's (very famous) Albuquerque International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta, but you all must have gotten lost :~(

Sooooo, I went without you, and took a few pics so you'd be able to see what you'd missed. Maybe next year, Ladies.

This is a wonderful event, but you need to be up, dressed in layers for warmth and on the road by at least 5:15AM for this. The Dawn Patrol (usually 4 balloons) launch right before dawn so that they can get an accurate idea of the prevailing winds. While they do this, everybody hits one of the many food concessions for a delicious Breakfast Burrito (scrambled eggs, hash browns, green chiles, cheese and bacon or sausage, wrapped in a flour tortilla and sooooo yummy! Grab a coffee, OJ, hot cocoa and/or sweet roll to go with it. After all the balloons are up (550-800 of them), you can head back for many more food options if you like:

The hot air balloons go up in waves, and we're right down on the field with them as they inflate and launch. Everyone is excited and in a great mood, taking pics . . . and munching on our breakfast burritos.

I thought of you all when these "Special Shapes" balloons went up.

Darth Vader:

Haunted House:

Wild & Crazy Rooster:

Country Chick:

Pretty soon the entire sky in filled with beautiful balloons:

I had a great time with DH & DD . . . but did still miss you all.(DH's face partially blurred for privacy, sorry) He's still my cowboy:

Oakley: did you notice that I wore my University of Oklahoma jacket? What a great way to meet other former Sooners . . . fun!

After leaving the launch field, we always head to the big arts & crafts fair down the road, conveniently scheduled to coincide with the fiesta. Bought a great new rug for DH's study there and had more fun.

See what you all missed? Now, let's plan for next year!

Lynn

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions