SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowang_gw

Advice needed for Microwave/Convection Oven such as Advantium!

snowang
14 years ago

Hi folks! We are building a new house and the builder includes a GE Profile PT956SMSS double oven. We'd like to replace the top one with a Microwave/Convection oven so we don't need a separate Microwave. For an upgrade to Advantium, the builder quoted me $886 additional, and the bottom oven will also need to be replaced to match the Advantium. That's a pretty steep price considering the ones they replace costs $2500-2600 already.

I have also looked into the cheaper Panasonic NN-C994S and Sharp R930 models and found it hard to imagine how they are going to look on top of a GE Profile or similar oven. KitchenAid looks nice but is also pretty expensive at $1700.

I wonder if people could share their Microwave/Convection double oven info, hopefully with pictures, and let me know how much the combination costs. I don't mind putting different brands in as long as their looks match up. By the way, I will only use the top one as a backup oven, since I don't bake much at all. So a Microwave with convection feature would do. Many, many thanks!

Comments (4)