SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Snow and More Halloween Decorations (photos)

jamie_mt
15 years ago

I thought I'd start a new post rather than dig out the old one, as it was rather long already. It's been a busy couple of weeks around here, and our party is on Saturday. Hubby and I are off work this week to get things all finished up and ready...

Last weekend, we were hit with our first snowstorm of the year, and ended up with 2 feet by the time it was over with on Monday. Needless to say, with leaves still on most of the trees, branches came down all over the place. This is what our backyard looked like on Saturday:

And then our truck on Sunday, 24 hours later:

This is why I couldn't start decorating the front yard last weekend:

The snow was all gone by Thursday, and Saturday we spent the better part of the day cleaning up branches and hauling them to be chipped up into mulch by the city.

So we finally got to start decorating outside starting Saturday night.

Here's what the area those branches were in looks like now in the daytime:

And at night:

And the side closest to the driveway:

I don't have a good night shot of that side yet, because all the lights aren't up (that's one of today's projects). I think it's coming along well so far though...

I also got the webbing and blacklight done in the Captain's Quarters yesterday:

And we finished the Crew's Quarters as well (not so many decorations, because it's our pool room, and people will be playing pool in there for the party):

And the "Crew" (white foam skeletons in creepy cloth hammocks):

Today, I need to finish the lighting outside, finish our treasure chest in the Captain's Quarters, finish the bar, and get ready to start on the upstairs bathroom and kitchen. More pictures later! :-)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions