SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Blooms taken before the snow & Happy Halloween

celeste/NH
12 years ago

Obviously since the big snowstorm came my growing season is done, but I did take a few photos last week that I never got around to posting. Also, a few scenes in the spirit of Halloween although kids up here are wearing snow boots tonight...LOL. I have lived here 25 yrs. and have never had a trick or treater come here other than some friends of my kids when they were little. It's too rural here and the houses are few & far between. Those of you handing out treats tonight or with your kids or grandkids, hope you're having a great time!

Celeste

I have been painting pumpkins for many years now. It started when my kids were little and I needed to make extra money for Christmas. Now I guess it's to help fund my daylily addiction...LOL.

This was 'Larissa' last week....I post this one a lot because this one keeps blooming. What is remarkable is that today when I went outside and waded through the snow to check on signs of life in my garden, there was Larissa

looking as if the snow & cold never happened. She still has tons of buds and green leaves poking out of the snow and doesn't look harmed at all. This rose keeps on going like the Energizer Bunny!

Clematis that were blooming on the arch.....

antique rose 'Marchesa Boccella' who reblooms for me in the Fall....

{{gwi:326977}}

in the spirit of Halloween, this fall scene....

more mountains....

{{gwi:326442}}

these are gourds I just harvested. I grew these so I can paint them and make birdhouses from them. I love to keep my little acre a haven for the birdies. I will have to let these dry for at least 6 months before I can work on them.

In the spirit of HALLOWEEN, some spooky gravestones....

(there is a small family graveyard on my road)

{{gwi:230929}} {{gwi:230933}}

My grandson, all dressed up for Halloween (couldn't get

him to stay still for a good picture!)

And this photo is for those of you who were concerned about Lily. She is doing much better today. She got up and ate and was walking normally. She climbed up on the toy shelf in what is now my mother's room (Mom has Alzheimers and loves stuffed animals, especially lions.)

I guess Lily was pretending she was a LIONESS for Halloween!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz