SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my 'dish collection'

Purplemoon
14 years ago

In my living-dining room, I have a small corner curio. It has 4 glass shelves,with mirror backing, and two small drawers. In it is my collection of dish stuff. Since I haven't been able to show you dishes ON a table, I can at least show you some of mine in the curio. Most are greyhound or rabbit themed of course, since that is mainly what I collect (along with horses). (Oh I also stick little statues among the dish stuff.)

The black n white silhouette dishes are very old and I don't have info on them other than they came from another collector in the 80s. Its two sandwich-sized plates, along with 2 cups and saucers. She said it was part of tea-set. The brown mug with hound handle is from the 80's, and just happens to match the Rosemeade greyhound S&P shakers really well. The black n white pitcher with the hunt scene was from the 70's. The colorful pitcher on the left is a Staffordshire piece I believe, with a fox hunt scene. The blue and white china tea cup, sugar n creamer are not old. I can't remember the pattern name but I found them at Replacements (online). They have hounds chasing deer. I couldn't afford the whole dinner set but love this china pattern! Also it comes in tan and white.

{{gwi:1438967}}

The Rabbit, and the matching mug, are OLD Majolica type pieces. Haldon I think. The rabbit is actually a jam or honey jar and has spoon opening beneath his chin. I now have a good collection of the Majolica_Bordallo Pinheiro rabbit dishes going. Bread or snack tray in back, a sandwich plate, a teapot, and a small water pitcher.

A creamer and sugar bowl, two cups and saucers, on a large platter. I don't have a dinner plate yet, or the pedestal cake stand. Really want those. I've lucked out and found these Bordallo pieces at reasonable prices at Marshall's and Rosses the past two years. They come in 5 colors, but the green is my favorite. I also like the lavender tho. Pink, blue, and yellow are the other colors. The Bordallo has lots of designs. Frogs, roosters, dragonflies, pineapples, etc. They are easy to find on eBay but shipping is horrible as they are super heavy pieces!

{{gwi:1405800}}

The vintage rabbit creamer and sugar bowl were a birthday gift from a friend. They are so neat I think.

In the background you can just make out the elegant little tea set that belonged to my late grandmother. Its around 60-70 yrs old now I think. There are 8 little cups and saucers, teapot, sugar and creamer. The 4 cobalt goblets have greyhound heads etched on them, a gift from a friend. There is tiny cobalt rabbit salt cellar in front of them.

{{gwi:1438968}}

And lastly, my "tapestry" dishes. The tray on the right is melamine and features the scene from Hunt of the Unicorn. It has rabbits, white greyhounds, birds, etc. There are two matching (glass)glasses. Far back is an antique hound-handled pitcher. In front of it two mugs, from the 1930's I believe. One has a greyhound head, the other a running rabbit. The little white jam jar has a hunt scene and is from 1911 I think it says.

The two tapestry mugs n saucers I found on eBay at different times, done in Staffordshire style. You can barely see the silver teapot, but it has a rabbit finial on top. There is a matching creamer and sugar bowl. They are extremely heavy silver, with rabbit and leaf etchings all around the sides. Another eBay BARGAIN find.

Up front is a tiny handpainted porcelain box from Eng. The greyhound head looked just like one of my late dogs.

{{gwi:1438969}}

NOW....be nice... as I KNOW I am going to hear about ALLLLLL the table-setting possibilities here. LOL.

And I know most of you could make some fabulous ones with this stuff!! I sure wish I wasn't a total dunce and could do so to show you. But I really am clueless how to put stuff together on a table. sighing deeply.

hugs, hopeless ol' Karen

Comments (25)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions