SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greenhighlighter

less expensive 30" induction range + otr mw/vent

GreenHighlighter
9 years ago

Hi all,

We're finally finishing our basement, and we're adding a very small kitchen.

This kitchen will likely only be used:
1. by our parents when they visit (my mom is usually here at least one night/week, but she insists she's doing no cooking!).
2. And then our office will be in the basement, so we may use it when we're too lazy to walk up two flights to the main floor of our house where the kitchen is.
3. For parties when we need more oven/cooking capacity.
4. For parties when we use the basement level (has a game room and access to the backyard).

So, not a main kitchen, but not too infrequently used. But not frequently used for heavy cooking or prepping.

Our plan is to get a 30" induction range, but it's hard to find good reviews. Based on my searching on here, it's Electrolux or GE, but the reviews seem to be dated.

Can anyone point me to new reviews or are these still the two best options? We're not looking to spend a lot here, so Viking or a cooktop are out.

And we're planning to get an OTR microwave + vent (to the outside). While we'd love to do a separate vent/hood and microwave, we don't have any room for it. We have very limited counter space (and we will NEED a coffee machine and espresso machine, which will take up nearly all the counter space). And we don't have any cabinets (uppers or lowers) that are big enough to house a microwave. Nor do we have a pantry or storage or closet nearby. And we want a microwave, so OTR it is. Any recommended budget OTR microwave and vent?

Since neither of these appliances will see heavy use, we probably care most about reliability.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Comments (7)