SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
printersdevil

Jetted Tub Surrounding

printersdevil
16 years ago

We are redoing a bathroom and going to add a Jetta tub. The problem is with the size of the space and the size of the tub. I could have a corner sized one okay by extending out into the garage a small amount. This was original plan. However after looking at the actual tubs this week we decided that we would rather have the longer tub. We will have to do some more expansion and then place the tub at an angle. I think I am okay with that. We are going to do the final measure and a mockup of it tomorrow with contractor. However, I think that I will only be able to have about 3 maybe 4 inches around the sides of this for the skirting (is that the name for it?). We will be using marble around it.

Does anyone have one with this small of a ledge or surround? If so, do you like it or do you think it needs more.

Also, I have found a tile decorative design that I love and am wondering if this could be used maybe across the back of the splash wall of the cultured marble solid sheet (slab?) that we are using. I am having them add more color to the marble to make the color more visible, and this decorative tile would look so great with it. Would you think I could use the two together. WOuld there be a difference in thickness? It is one of those with the smaller decorative tiles sort of meshed together so that it looks like it is dropped down and then grouted.

Comment (1)