SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jndsass

Help me choose a 3rd rack dishwasher that is dummy proof loading

jndsass
14 years ago

I'm doing a remodel and, as others have posted, need help in choosing a dishwasher.

I need,

easy loading - have two teenagers and a 1 year old. No matter how many times I show them, I inevitably have to reload the dishwasher effieciently to fit more items.

third rack - the reason is that my teenagers will always take the lazy route and put the silverware in the opening of the basket that is closest to the door. I have to then spread it out. In addition, my husband always leaves the dishwasher door open and i don't want my toddler to have access to the knives in a bottom rack basket

Panel ready, Quiet, Reliable -of course:)

Fits a large load - not only do we have large dishes, but we always have several tupperware to wash at the same time.

The ones I have considered are:

KUDE60 - have tested with my dishes. Third rack doesn't seem to load the silverware easily like the Miele. While the bottom rack in large, there is no organization. I'm wondering if the gap around the edge where the cutlary basket could go will be usless space. (Got a good price from Sears for $925)

Miela Inspira or Diamante - Like the organization and the cutlery rack loads easy. Don't like that you can't remove the cutlery rack to unload though. I'm concerned that, due to the European size, once you get the large and small plates, bowls, glasses, and coffee cups in there (Nortake Colorwave), the tuperware and misc won't fit. Like that you can put plastic in the bottom with out risk of melting.

Coments, other suggestions? Thanks!!!

Comments (16)