SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My 'Summer's Last Hurrah' Tablescape

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

OK, don't fall over from shock, but I actually took the time to make AND photograph a summer tablescape today ;^D

I think, for me, the secret is to create them early in the day and take pics then, instead of waiting until we're ready to sit down and eat. That's when I'm usually too rushed . . . or everybody's too hungry for me to take pics (LOL).

I'm calling this my Summer's Last Hurrah tablescape. (by the way, Karen, what do you think about maybe creating a place in your albums for Summer tables? I went looking for OA's fantastic sandcastle one there and couldn't find it. All I could find were Fourth of July tables).

Anyhoo, around here, the sunflowers are blooming and the days are still warm and sunny, but I can feel Fall in the air every morning and evening now. My Michigan family is already at the lake celebrating the long holiday week, and it got me thinking about holidays at the our summer place on the lake when I was a kid. So, my table is inspired by those memories.

Place settings using my red chargers, white dinner plates with red and blue salad and bread plates. Napkins are one of my favs because they remind me of a tablecloth from my childhood. They're tied with twine and topped with shells. I painted the sunflower wine glasses several years ago.

{{gwi:1437275}}

As usual, my main centerpiece is down towards the end of the table . . . we just like them better like that when we eat (unlike normal people). My old blue spatterware coffeepot became a vase of sorts when it's top fell off one time too many.

{{gwi:1437276}}

This is a framed pic of me and my sis at our summerhouse when I was probably 5 y/o and she was four (I'm on the left). The other pic is of DH (face blurred for privacy)and DD the summer we rented a beach house on Cape Hatteras.

{{gwi:1437277}}

On the other side, being a huge book lover, I used one of my all-time favorite kids books, "The Seashore Book" by Charlotte Zolotow and another pic of Emily taken on the beach at Cape H.

{{gwi:1437278}}

In the middle, my semi-centerpiece, a little beach vignette with candle, set up in my old clothespin jar. I love it's vintage look and thought it might work for my sentimental (homesick!) beach/summer table.

{{gwi:1437279}}

Thanks for looking!

Lynn (who's very homesick at the moment for Michigan's beautiful lakes)

Comments (14)

Sponsored
More Discussions