SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
glen_or_linda

Computer Christmas Cards

glen_or_linda
20 years ago

Hi there,

Kathy asked for Christmas card ideas on the Paper Arts forum so I posted this over there but I thought it I might post it here, also. Anyone else do their cards on the computer?

I did this card last year. I used Picture It Publisher but I think you could do it in any program.

First I took a picture of our family including the dog.

Then I found a cute graphic of a Santa that had a nice round head.

I then duplicated the graphic five times and changed the graphic up a bit each time by sizing and switching it.

I added the Ho Ho Ho's and border on the front and put a greeting on the inside under where the photo would be.

In the program I placed the family picture onto the card to place each Santa where I wanted him and then deleted the photo and printed out the card with just the Santa's.

I cut out each Santa's face with an exacto knife (actually my DH did this part) and checked to make sure our faces showed through.

The Santa's are on the front and our family picture is on the inside. I attached the photo with double back tape so the people that I sent the picture to could take it off and have it for posperity. LOL

The card was really fun to make. I did one similar with snowmen another time but I can't find it in my files.

I actually found a card that had four snowmen on the front so it wasn't as complicated. I think the snowman card was in a different program. Can't remember, too much water under the bridge. LOL

That time I cropped our faces, cropped out the snowman faces and put our faces in their place like the photo cards you see.

Hope to hear other's ideas!

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1435130}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored