SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

Hi Everyone :). A post to cover everything I hope.

milosmom_gw
12 years ago

First off , HELLO everyone *waving*!

I promised moons ago to get back here on a more regular basis , but best laid plans of mice n men as we know. I had just gotton back into the feeling of wanting to actually do something decorating wise and that got curbed.

My son, much to my dismay has had a horrible time the last few years educational wise and problems fighting with a particular couple of boys. It all started stressing him out so bad , I retained him a counselor. They were able to faciliate moving him to an alternative school to help him graduate and hopefully alleviate the stress. In doing this ,he was able to move to live with his dad to be in that district. That's something he's been wanting for a number of years but it wasn't feasible as his dad was a full time college student. Now that he's older and dads college schedule has lessoned, it worked out. It was like a horrible loss for me for quite awhile as I've had him with me all his life but I'm adjusting to the new "norm" and applying what his couselor told me was some "well deserved me time".

We hauled him in for a medical go over to make sure there wasn't anything else out of whack. Gawd!! did we get a suprise in the worst way. My almost 17 yr old "baby" had high bloodpressure which was sky high (200/113). He was put on major meds to bring it down and off to more Drs. After some tests , it showed he has an enlarged heart. More tests forthcoming to see if they can find the root cause.

In the midst of all this , one of our Pugs (Remi the wild one) took a tumble while running in the yard and pulled muscles in his back/legs so off to the ER vet. Shot,mega steriods and crate rest were the order. That's easier said than done with the brat that doesn't like to be carried as he's "busy" and all 4s belong on the floor in his opinion. lol

He's on the mend now thankfully.

Tomorrow , Mickey , our heartworm+ "foster" boy starts his shots for treatment. It's horrible stuff and can be very tedious to manage. ugh!

I'm totally ready for this year to GO AWAY. Haven't had any time at all to decorate but it's gonna happen , I swear.

Hope all is well for everyone!!

Karen : Nice!! finds on your shopping excursion. It brightened my day to see you feeling a little better and more like venturing out. U deserve it. :) I have 3 of the ribbon candleholders like you found (TS find). Mine are an awful brass looking finish though and on the list for re-do, just haven't gotton there yet.

Punk: Praying for your sons speedie recovery.Long time sufferer myself but to stubborn to have any surgical impediment until I can't go anymore.

I know I've missed several things , but I've been trying to catch up in what little time I've had.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions