Laptop shuts down frequently

alisande

My laptop (Pentium III, running Windows XP) doesn't get a lot of use. This week I used it to go online while my other computer is unplugged while a room is remodeled. It keeps giving me the message that the system will shut down in 60 seconds (Status Code 1073741819). Then it reboots and a message appears that LSA Shell encountered a problem and needed to close.

I updated my virus protection and made sure my Windows critical updates were complete.

Any idea what else I can do?

Thanks!

Susan

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancymcd

You may have the "Sasser Worm" Check this url for a fix, or wherever you usually go to remove a worm.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.onlinepcfix.com/virushelp/sasser.htm?OVRAW=lsa%20shell&OVKEY=lsa%20shell&OVMTC=standard

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Organizing Help for Whittling Down the Photo Pile
Consider these 6 points your personal pare-down assistant, making organizing your photo collection easier
Full Story
Life Surprising Ways to Pare Down at Home
All those household items you take for granted? You might not need them after all. These lists can help you decide
Full Story
Most Popular 5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Our 20+ years of experience in custom home building combined with our in-house design service assures you a... Read More