SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

Fall Decorating question and my Turkey Hunt

Purplemoon
14 years ago

I am getting really anxious to start decorating for Fall, even tho it will stay 100 degrees here till end of Oct. (Our Fall is actually winter for most of you. We really don't have Winter in Phoenix.) Anyway, in spite of me having quite a few fall decorations, I've never had much in the way of turkey stuff. And seems this year I've gotten a bit obsessed with adding some. I'm always on the look for Holiday things all year long, Goodwill especially puts out stuff cheap during the summer! And I've made some great buys. The two big Turkey platters were made in Portugal, they are identical except one is white and one is green. I found them at different times at GW, and on half off days, so paid $5 each for them.

I also found some more Nutcrackers and the white w gold trim Xmas figures (Mikasa) for my collections.

The Nutcrackers were a great find, Goodwill and half off day. They are 15", so pretty big, and I paid just a couple of dollars EACH for them! The two Xmas figurines came from eBay.

The first 11 photos are things I've bought the last few months. But my question is....

do I have to wait till close to Thanksgiving to put out my turkeys or would they look ok with my Fall decorating next week when I start doing it? (I have my rooster plates and figures in my kitchen and I thought I'd replace them with the turkeys!)

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k302/sangaree_KS/Stuff%20I%20Bought/

hugs, Karen

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville
More Discussions