pictures on tiles

cjlpn

I would like to put my grandsons pictures on ceramic tiles. How would I do this? There's a shop that does this but I'm

not sure how it is done. Any suggestions?

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patches_02

I have done this, first i sprayed the pic with a sealer then i watered down white glue. Used this to glue picture
on tile and after it was dry i used thined out glue and glued over the picture several times ( drying inbetween)
Did this two years ago and it's still looking good.

Save    
cjlpn

What type of sealer did you use? I thought there might be someway I could do this using a computer to scan and print on some type of product made to do this.

Save    
Tnflower_lover

Rust-oleum Lacquer is great for this. I have used it to seal printed pictures, just make sure to let the print set for a few minutes to dry good before spraying, and put several coats on (let dry between coats) oh and it is around 3.00 at Wally world 4-5$ at those other stores.
Hope this helps.
Cara

Save    
kyaries

I use waterslide transfer paper.I also read today someone used golden matte gel medium for doing this a...

Save    
trulyblessed

I have done them with both Waterslip Decals and Avery clear Decal paper....if using an inkjet printer though, you MUST spray a sealer on top of youe waterslip or your ink will run

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Kitchen Design: A Picture Frame for Your Backsplash
Frame a tile pattern for a piece of built-in wall art for your kitchen
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: A Photographer's Picture-Perfect Home Comes Into Focus
An ultramodern house in the Hollywood Hills is a study in contrasts: curvy and boxy, forward thinking and retro
Full Story
Remodeling Guides 10 Tile Patterns to Showcase Your Floor
There's more to a tile floor than the tile itself; how you lay out your tile can change the look and feel of the room
Full Story