SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

OT....I'm Still Here!! - long

plainjane425
12 years ago

First off...Just read Luv's post, about concerns and prayers towards me and Kathleen. Glad to hear Kathleen is okay...we were in touch briefly, before the storm.

Thank you all.

Sorry I haven't been able to be in touch.

We've had power outage on and off, trees down, surrounding roads closed due to flooding and hanging power lines. Unlike others around us and on the news, we were lucky that our downed trees and flooding was not near the house.

DH's brother and family are in South Jersey. They had to evacuate due to flooding. We heard from him today, and they're now back home.

No one expected this to be as bad inland (in New England) as it was..mostly with flooding.

The Gkids were supposed to go back to school yesterday, but (they're celebrating) it's been delayed for another week.

To add to 'the mix'..I was in New York for surgery last week - overnight, and we were leaving just as the Earthquake came thru..(nice excitement)!

Got home to prepare for Irene to visit...and few days later, I started to feel really weak and thought

I was getting the flu. Turns out to be a mild case of pneumonia.

Doctor thinks I picked up the bacteria while at the hospital. I'm on an antibiotic, and should be doing better soon.

If I haven't posted any comments on your posts, please excuse me...for being absent. I will try to do so...right now, I'm mostly resting and sleeping.

Thanks again for your concerns.

jane

Comments (10)

Sponsored
More Discussions