SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmarletto

Itty, bitty bathroom help needed

lmarletto
15 years ago

I know there's a ton of knowledge on this forum and I need some of it!

I'm planning to redo the bathroom sketched below. It's overall measurements are about 4' wide by 11' long, including the shower. The shower is 42" by 33" inside. The ceiling is 6'6" high. It's the kids bath/guest bath - lucky guests, huh?

From the hallway:

From the shower:

Unfortunately, because of its location, we aren't willing to expand it. Believe it or not, for as small as it is, the current footprint works pretty well.

We'd like to replace the curtain with a glass door, but DH and I can't agree on which way it should swing. Any thoughts?

The current sink is outlined in black on the floorplan and this sink

is outlined in grey. The tilework in the photo made me think of kgwlisa, acountryfarm and mrslimestone and we are heavily leaning toward white subways with some kind of colored accents.

The shower ceiling is super low, I think to match the ceiling in the adjoining 1790s hallway. However, there's about 18" of space above the ceiling before you get to the roof. When we did the master bath we extended the linen cupboard over the ceiling in the vicinity of this bathroom's sink and DH and I aren't giving that back! We could raise the ceiling in the shower though and I found this inspiration picture.

Has anyone done a curved ceiling in tile? The framing doesn't worry me - we can get pre-fabbed arches to fill in a square framed ceiling. But the tiling worries me. And we'd like a recessed fan light in the shower, but have only seen them in photos on a curved ceiling, don't know anything about installing them.

Comments (15)