SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elyash

CC, Precision or BS with grill, purchase advise

elyash
11 years ago

I have no desire to "fan the flames" of the BS/CC wars, but need advice based on my specific circumstances.

Today I installed an electrolux induction range. Because I keep a kosher home, I need two ranges. The electrolux oven will be used to bake cakes and dairy casseroles type food - eggplant parmesan, lasagna etc..(made without meat). I can also use it to cook vegetables and fish.

I will be buying a second range - either a BS, Capital Culinarian, or Capital Precision. I don't use rotisseries so I don't know if I want a manual or self clean oven if I went with capital. The BS or Capital oven's primary use will be to cook meat and poultry. However, I will also use it to cook vegetables and fish.

I love the idea of open burners, but I will have induction so I don't know if the open burners are worth the extra $$ in this circumstance. Not having tried any of the ranges, in theory I think I prefer the BS open burner pattern. Initially I thought I would get a BS because of the different burner BTU's but now that I have induction, this is not really as important to me. That being said, I still like the concept of a simmer burner. I believe Both CC and BS ovens to be equal in quality, although I am not sure about the broilers. I like the fact that the BS oven is so large.

MY MAIN CONCERN IS THE GRILL as I used my old indoor grill at least once a week and often more. I know capital's grill is IR and that is supposed to be the best. The appearance of the capital also fits better with my kitchen. However, the capital also costs more then the BS which has led me to think about the precision line.. From the prices I have been getting it also seems that the CC manual clean is coming in $800-$1000 more then the BS and the manual clean $2,000 more than the BS. Is that other peoples' experience? I would appreciate knowing the prices people are actually paying for these ranges.

My e-mail is available if people prefer not to post prices.

Whatever range I buy will have to fit into an existing kitchen. I will be moving some cabinets to accommodate the range and the granite will be made to fit the new ranges.

Based on all of the above, which range with a grill would you purchase if you were me and why would you make this choice? BTW, I am planning to purchase this stove in blue which is why I didn't consider Wolf. I couldn't find

colors on capital precision, so I am not sure that this line is a possibility. I did

e-mail to find out, but haven't gotten a response yet.

To all you GWers, thank you in advance. You are a very astute group and I

really appreciate your always helpful responses.

Comments (8)