SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Scary Halloween '08 - Proceed with Caution

jamie_mt
15 years ago

As mentioned in the other post, We finished the "No Quarter" hall this weekend. It's a square area between our pool room (Crew's quarters) and our TV room (Captain's quarters). We already have red velvet curtains on the pool room side, so we strung yarn across the TV room side, and hung black tablecloths up to enclose the space. Jute netting on either side gives us a nice backdrop for other hanging things (like bats and cleavers), and creepy cloth helps hide the cords for the strobe LED lights hanging above the heads to illuminate the whole thing. The idea is for the area to be completely dark and closed off, and a sensor for the lights will go off as people approach it from the pool room side. Lights go off, music, thunder and screams ensue as the heads are illumiated with the strobes. It's a very cool haunt area, if I do say so myself.

Now on to the pictures:

One with both sets of curtains open. The skulls that hang longer (red bandana facing away, and white facing towards) both light up with color-changing LED's:

The pool room is just beyond the red curtains, and is where most people will be coming from. Those tables leaning against the wall will move - those are our "bar tables".

The TV room curtains closed:

I'll put a red bulb in the lamp beyond the curtains for the night of the party...

A better picture of the jute walls and creepy cloth (we'll be adding items to the wall as we go):

And my attempt to get a picture with the strobes flashing. It's much brighter than the picture shows when the lights flash on. We have severed limbs on the floor, and will have bones and rats down there too for people to walk through as they make thier way between the rooms:

Fun stuff...I think the only other semi-gruesome spot we'll have this year is the Autopsy room (aka laundry room). I'll post pics of that later.

Feel free to add your own scary pics here...

Comments (17)

Sponsored
More Discussions