SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

Labor Day Table for Two

oldalgebra
13 years ago

Having decided to use an old drop cloth for a tablecloth, I went hunting in the garage and found one that was in

pretty decent shape. I washed it, trimmed and hemmed it to fit our little pullout table, and used the scraps to

patch a hole and cover a couple of ugly spills (purple PVC glue). Trouble was, it cleaned up so well that it was

entirely too blah. I tried scattering some nails around the table, but it had no effect. So I dismantled the entire setup,

took the tablecloth back out to the garage and splattered it with paint.

Here's my tribute to America's work force.

Serving pieces are mixing bowls. Coffee to be served out of a thermos.

Beer mugs for............ an ice-cold beer, of course.

The brown and beige dinner plates are my still-favorite everyday wedding pattern: Sandalwood by Heath Ceramics.

Black salads are from that great garage sale deal I got just weeks ago. (Luvs, you were right. IÂve

already used them 4 times.)

The flatware has a hammered handle although it's difficult to see in the photo.

Tin coffee mugs are from a set of 35 that I acquired over 30 years ago. Used them at school when we had our

end of the year Cowboy Round-up Picnic. (Remember when cowboy shows were on TV every night? I'll

have to remember to ask my grandchildren if they even know what a cowboy is.)

The saucers are metal coasters weÂve used indoors and out for 20 years.

Napkin rings are large washers from Lowe's housewares, oops, I mean hardware department.

Got the images for the yellow Men Working floral pics

and the Caution sandwich board signs off the internet.

The plane and hand drill once belonged to my father.

Gee, gals. Isn't it nice to know that some of us don't have to go back to work on Tuesday!

Comments (24)

Sponsored
More Discussions