SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Miele Induction Cooktop...? for owners

cj47
15 years ago

I know that this cooktop is out, but I haven't been able to find one to see in person yet. My concern is with the large burner in the middle. It looks AWFULLY close to the controls, which appear to be located just below. My worry is that if I put a big pot or pan on this burner, (ie, 12-14 inches), it might hang over enough to interfere with the controls. I know that if the controls are covered the unit will shut down (I read the manual online). Could someone who owns and uses this cooktop please comment? What's the biggest pan you could put on this burner without having a problem?

Also, have you found that the unit is powerful enough to do a good job on stir fry and searing? I'm currently cooking on an underpowered electric flattop, and I've always felt limited in trying new cooking techniques because of this. I'm looking for more power this time around. I really want to make the right choice here, because we're not going to be replacing it anytime soon, and I've lived with this horrid Jennair ceramic top for 12 years. I like a LOT of things about induction, but I really want to be sure that it has adequate power to do anything I want it to do, given that I have induction capable cookware.

I really would appreciate the opinions of anyone who has had a chance to use this cooktop, or at least has seen it in person.

Thank you very much for any insight!

Cj

Comments (6)