SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

A Million Thank You's to All and a Question

ladyamity
15 years ago

For those of you who give of your time and expertise on this forum, THANK YOU!

For those of you who ask questions and get answers that we can all learn from, THANK YOU!

For those of you who post photos of your bathrooms to give us all wonderful inspiration, THANK YOU!

Having a little under $1000 to totally gut and renovate a 1972 bathroom (giving me almost 2 extra feet in width -Yippeee Skippeee!)in a modest 1953 S. Calif. tract home and getting tips and advice here that was worth it's weight in gold I thought I'd post pictures of the progress so far.

Keep in mind base board molding, grout, trim work and touch up paint still needs to be completed.

The shower is just getting started but at least we finally have a working sink and toilet, complete with towels and a place to hang them. Beats 6 adults sharing one other 6' x 9' Full Bath. lol

Lots of research to find quality, but not the best of the best, as well as price.

Lots of discontinued styles went into this bathroom and being on such a strict budget it's not what anyone else would pick if they had the funds but it's what we could afford and the style fits us.

From the new, larger window, all fixtures for sink and shower, to all drywall and cement board replaced, to the cement for the shower pan to my coveted Toto with the G-max flush (I'm in looooove!) to the Microwave Stand turned Vanity and all tile for floor, counters and shower ---- everything was discounted/discontinued or purchased on sale or with coupons.

What we couldn't afford in ORB, we painted a reasonable facsimile ie; the light fixture over the vanity and the shower ring trim.

Thanks to all of you with advice, questions and posting photos for inspiration we now have a bathroom that is built well, is perfect for our needs and will last us until we are carried out of this house with a toe tag.

Now for my Question: The backsplash needs something to finish it out on the top.

Of course, we never thought that far ahead but now I can't seem to come up with something ---Listello? Pencil? Cut and sanded Field tile? --- to finish off the top of backsplash.

Anyone have any ideas?

Again, Thank you everyone!

Amity

P.S. I keep clicking the photo sizing option in Photo Bucket to make my pics smaller but it's not cooperating.

My apologies if my pics are too large.

From this:

{{gwi:1436286}}

To This:Almost 2 extra feet added to bathroom footprint width.

{{gwi:1436288}}

From this:

{{gwi:1389495}}

To This: Now a 24" x 36" Window

From This:

{{gwi:1436293}}

To This:

{{gwi:1436295}}

From This:

{{gwi:1436297}}

To This:

{{gwi:1436299}}

{{gwi:1436301}}

Here is the backsplash that needs ---- something. This is before the first coat of paint.

{{gwi:1436303}}

Comments (3)