SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vacuumfreak

how to clean burner rings??

vacuumfreak
17 years ago

Hello! I have an apartment with a gas stove. This is the first time I've ever had a gas stove in my life, so I am not sure how to clean it. Now that I have learned how to control the flame so I don't burn everything (you should have seen me the first week!), I am using it more. Which means it is getting dirty. I can clean the surface and grates fine, but that round metal ring... the "flame ring" is getting pretty dirty on the two most used burners. One time I tried cleaning under the hood and the burner stopped working for a week. How can I clean the burner ring safely? I took a toothbrush with some water, but that doesn't seem to be doing the trick. What about cleaning gas ovens? Is it any different than electric; do you have to follow a different procedure? The silly thing runs about 75 degrees too hot anyway, so I don't think I could damage it any worse! I just don't want to start a fire or have an explosion spraying oven cleaner all over the place. I know the burners are electronic igintion, but I don't know if the oven has a pilot light or not. I can see a flame under the holes on the oven floor when I use it, I would have to get oven cleaner down there! Thanks!

Comments (7)