SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilafter

pleas help a confused canister vacuum shopper

lilafter
13 years ago

hello,

virgin canister vacuum shopper here!

i've been researching all over the web for a canister vacuum and narrowed it down to a miele or possibly sebo. currently, driving myself batty sweeping and swiffering.

initially was going to buy a stick vac, but the canisters can do soooo much more! plus santa is buying the vacuum (within reason)

750 sq feet home, mostly hardwood, little tile, do have sheepskin and flokati rug (both are rolled away right now), short haired cat and myself- medium/long shedding hair, vertically challenged with small hands, no major allergies but do not want dust coming back out of vacuum.

needs to be a simple, reliable work horse,store compactly, do its job well. would like on-board storage. do not want electric wand/telescope. will buy parquet floor attachment.

miele- s2 olympus- cheapest, lightest while using the largest bag. i really thought this was a perfect first vacuum but it lacks on-board storage and does not store upright/compactly. made in china? skimped on finish and uses lesser quality attachments, uses the largest bag but is it able to fill it up within the compact canister?

s5 ariel or pices- basic s5 models. hepa filter, non electric wand, uses largest bag and stores compactly. finish and quality of materials is better than the s2 class, but is it more than $200 better quality/materials vs the olympus?

skipping the s4 group b/c they use a smaller bag but is midsize?

sebo- not sure about the models, but sebo kept coming up as an direct alternative to miele. plus the handle is more fitting for petite hands and lower in price(?).

i finally found a vac shop that is relatively close. hopefully they have a lot of models to play with.

opinions?

Comments (12)