SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mimi72_gw

Do you like your internal (fridge) water dispenser?

mimi72
14 years ago

I have not found a prior post exclusively devoted to this question -- one in the past got sidetracked into a discussion about Everpure water coolers -- that is not an option for us.

We are looking at CD, french door style fridges. What I'm noticing is that there is (obviously) already less space in a CD, and then the ones with a water/ice dispenser on the door have an unacceptable amount of fridge space taken up by that component. I have found a few with only a water dispenser on the outside which is better -- but the ones I've found so far are either a)Kitchen Aid (will not buy due to recent bad experience with this brand) and b) GE -- but the depth on the one I saw was an inch deeper than other CD models, making it stick out too much beyond my cabinetry.

We have 3 young boys that use our current external water / ice (water more than ice -- I hate the ice dispenser it's so messy) quite a lot. For those of you with an internal dispenser, do you like it? Does it drive you crazy to see the fridge door standing open while the kids get their drink? Seems inefficient to me. Any input appreciated. Right now I'm thinking of a Jenn Air CD FD with internal dispenser.

Comments (10)