SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Come On - Show me some 4th Tablescapes!!

bettyd_z7_va
14 years ago

I guess I will kick it off.

As usual, I need some photography classes! And some better lighting!

The whole idea for this table was the really neat quilt that DH's Grandmother made. DH has shared so many wonderful memories of great times with her. He was her special "Baby". I usually don't care for such a busy background, but it's the 4th of July! And it is precious because a very special Lady made it and I'm blessed to have it.

The white cake plate was one of my finds at Marshall's in NC last May. The tray and pitcher are my very first Fitz and Floyd pieces. I located them at a Marshall's that I found within 65 miles of my house!! WOO-HOO!!

My favorite thing other than the quilt is the perfect touch on the tray that my DS thought up. The Mini Coopers are a joke at our house because I said I wanted one and DH brought me one! DS had one too and thought it would be cool to have them on the table. I found the blue stars at the Dollar Tree and stuck them on top to keep with the red, white, and blue theme. He was very clear that I was to make SURE that y'all know it was HIS idea!! I've got high hopes that he will be a tablescaper. ;~)

I found one of the candleholders at a church fundraiser and DH's aunt gave me one she had that was a perfect match! And if you squint your eyes and try reeeally hard they are shaped like fireworks!

I had white candles in them and bought red ones to replace them. I got 2 changed out and DH asked that I leave them like they are - 2 white and 2 red.

I didn't light them because the flags kept sliding forward in the pitcher and I was scared of a fire.

The blue bowls were a gift from DH when Avon was selling them a few years ago. I love cobalt blue. The goblets and dessert dishes came from a $1 store years ago that is now closed. Flags from Kroger. Blue chargers from Walmart, white plates from a set bought at a Super Ten store, red salad plates and flatware are from TJ MAXX. Star bowls from Dollar General. S/Ps from a local antique store.

To calm down some of the busyness I dug out my red placemats that were on sale after Christmas. I used white napkins then decided to jazz them up with some paper flag ones I had picked up somewhere.

OK... Now that I've written my book, it's somebody else's turn. Show me your tables.

Betty

Comments (24)

Sponsored
More Discussions