SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gatoralum_gw

Please review our home plan :)

GatorAlum
13 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm a new poster but have been reading for a while while trying to make decisions on the home we are building. We received our first draft from our builder & his draftsman and I'd love to hear your opinions on the house.

My husband & I are a younger couple with a toddler and baby due in October. My concerns with this layout are:

1. No pantry in kitchen, can this be "fixed" by deeper cabinets? The dining room will be more "open" and not completely closed off.

2. No linen closet in the master bath.

3. The living room seems kind of long and narrow, we don't need the breakfast nook, but would like the living room to be bigger since we will be spending a lot of time there.

4. Is that normal to have the fridge right next to a wall like that? I'm concerned about being able to open it all the way.

5. This is a small master closet isn't it? We live in New England and I have a ton of multiple season clothes to fit in there...

Thanks so much for your advice, suggestions, etc. We need to keep it around 2400 sq ft but could afford to add more if necessary.

Thanks again, I have already learned so much from all of you!

First floor:

Second floor:

Comments (10)