SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Thrifty 4th of July table

maximavswife
12 years ago

I hope all of my friends here had a fun and safe holiday! DH & I kept it pretty low key this year as we were pretty beat from having the floors done. I do thank you all for your sweet comments. I am so very happy we bit the bullet and got the floors done!

So now on to....Whoohoo! My first tablescape in my new dining room LOL! This is a very thrifty table. We are leaving the table fully extended for now to be sure the leaf remains the same color of the rest of the table so, that required having to go purchase a new bigger tablecloth. $9.99 for a 60x102 tablecloth WITH a 20% off coupon at BB&B :). The place mats were given to me by one of DH's buddies when he was cleaning out his house. Red chargers I had (don't we all?) Plates were purchased on clearance at Target last year. The little hats were purchased at Party City for .50/ each. Napkins were a gift and I taped on some ribbon from DT for more interest. Flatware is from Family Dollar. $3.50 for a 3 piece set for 4. I bought a set in red, white and blue. Blue goblets are from DT and water glasses are from WM at .77/ each. The runner is cut from a banner I purchased several years ago on clearance. Red candle sticks were purchased on clearance from World Market with a gift card. For the centerpiece I spray painted a couple of Ragu spaghetti jars blue and added twine and felt stars that I had in my craft stuff. I also spray painted a TS clear vase Heirloom White. Flowers are all from DT. The America's were finds from HL last year on clearance.

I had so much fun putting this together! I was able to walk freely around the table and see how it looked from all angles, something I could not do before. The fun part was getting up for work this morning and seeing the table still set up! I didn't have to immediately tear it down, I get to enjoy it for as long as I wish :)

Kath

Comments (11)

Sponsored
More Discussions