SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hodabee08

problems with KitchenAid Range self-cleaning

hodabee08
16 years ago

I purchased a KitchenAid self-clean slide in gas range model #KGSA906PSS00. Approximately 6 months later I used the self clean feature on the range. Mid way throught the cycle the oven shut off and the control panel went blank and the oven door remained locked. My range was still covered under warranty and the service technician replaced the thermal fuse. I used the self clean feature again this weekend and the same thing happened. The range is no longer covered under warranty and after speaking to a supervisor it was recommended that I schedule an appt. with an authorized service technician at a cost of 89.99 to me for him to diagnose the problem. He will generate a report and I will have to call KitchenAid again on Monday for them to review the report and see if there is anything they could do. They may be able to get me the replacement part at a discounted fee but the labor would not be reimbursable. She also stated that there has not been a recall on my model and no problems like mine have been reported to them. REALLY...I found 4 people on this thread alone with the same model as me with the exact same problem! This is a joke. I spent $1800.00 on a range that I can't use the self clean feature. I can't believe that KitchenAid is not acknowledging this problem. I filed a complaint with consumer affairs. I can't wait for the class action law suit. Has anyone out there had a positive experience dealing with KitchenAid????

Comment (1)