SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msmaui

kitchen aid oven liner falling apart fire hazard therm. self/clea

msmaui
16 years ago

I tried to correspond with Whirlpool a few months back but had no response I assume due to anyone being able to access my my emails. I have since done research and found how to access the corporate phone number and get a person vs. inital operator and how to eventually access email. To give you background, we purchased our oven when we built our home on the impression that Kitchen aide was then thought to be the top most reliable convection oven in it\'s class. All of our appliances are Maytag, Amana or Kitchen aide. Six months after moving into our new custom built home our Maytag refrigerator malfunctioned creating the water dispenser to begin tricking water out the dispenser in the middle of the night thus flooding our hardwood kitchen/family room floor. The damage was considerable and we were finally reimbursed through the Maytag company after many months of phone calls which proved to be quite time consuming. We have since replaced our dishwasher and new front load dryer/washer both with Whirlpool products. Our oven is one appliance we did not think we would be having to replace already. Ever since we had our 30 inch convection built in oven it would feel extremely hot at times especially during the self/clean and it would emit horrible chemical odors. Last year after cleaning the oven the thermostat broke from overheating. This happened twice and the repair man saw the reason it continued to happen was that the back upper corner of the oven liner had come loose thus creating extreme heat and burning out the electrical wires/thermostat. He tried to put a screw in place to hold the top corner of the liner up. He said this is a manufacturer error which resulted in the liner not being welded properly. I had the same problem this past October. My husband was able to fix it but the heat seemed too hot. I initially was told by customer service they could offer me 10% and then after a lengthy phone call 20%. This to my husband and I still does not seem ethical considering it is!

not wea

r or tear but an error in Kitchen Aides design and manufacturing. After doing research online I found there were numerous sights in which people had Kitchen Aide ovens overheating during self/clean. I was also able to access a corporate phone number for you but I was only allowed to speak to someone much further down the rung. She advised me to not use the oven since it really is a fire hazard. I did this for a while but honestly I can only cook on my cook top and take my three children out to eat so much. She offered me a new oven in replacement for a $1000. I wanted to upgrade to stainless so fully expect to pay the difference in cost but do not feel it is fair for us to pay $1000.00 to replace a oven that is not possessing the basic elements of an appliance which is a workable frame. I asked to speak to a supervisor and I have received a phone call from a supervising manager who said they could send out an oven for just a bit less but it would take another month. I have since sent numerous emails to several of the top CEO\'s of the company and have the board of director names/address as well as the next shareholder annual meeting time. I am tired of being told I am appreciated as a consumer and yet a company whom annual revenue is over 2 billion won\'t replace the whole unit even though the liability would be so imense now that it is documented that we were instructed to not use the oven due to fire hazard. The fact that our oven has broke several times and posses a fire risk is not our fault. I compare it to my Suburban if the corner of my roof started to fall in because Chevy didn\'t weld a corner properly then I would expect Chevy to fix that. I am actually rather surprised that Whirlpool wouldn\'t see this as an easy answer to swap the oven considering the liability involved if the oven is to spark a fire and burn down our home or God forbid kill one of my children. Good customer service is everything to a company. I would like to think the shareholders would think the Whirlpo!

ol corpo

ration will be able to keep the reputation of great customer service. I know there are others out there if you are in the same situation please contact my blog at http://community.mytypes.com/msmaui/weblog/interesting/

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor