SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momali3

Stainless steel--hard to clean!?!

momali3
16 years ago

We're at the design phase of building a new house. I just sent my proposed kitchen layout to several friends and relatives, and happened to mention I was thinking of stainless steel appliances. My sister in law fired back a reply saying to steer away from them--you spend all your time wiping off smudges. Just checked the cleaning forum and there is a loooong string about what's best to use on SS, what products work, which ones don't, products to avoid like the plague, etc. etc. etc., lots of different opinions. Some few said they would never again get SS appliances, etc., others still love theirs despite cleaning situation. SO...what to think, what to do???? SIL suggested getting those inserts for the DW and frig to match cabinets; that seems a logical and attractive solution. SIL says she would get black appliances, if building now. So the wood inserts--easy to keep clean--and black on the micro and wall ovens? SS is so "in" and so upscale, and most forum writers here seem to want "nothing but the best" and seem to go for THE most upscale in everything, but I don't want to spend more time cleaning my SS appliances than I do in cooking, and some literally said that's what they do. Further opinions????

Comments (12)