SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Garage Sales ....Heavenly!

jeannespines
13 years ago

DH & I hit the town yearly GS's today...rained hard first so we waited & then we still hit the jackpot on lots of things (at least for me)! Here's my "loot" for just under $10 spent:

Chicken wire basket & great sack of utensils (one's a lemon squeezer...never had one of those)!

Next a couple rattan hot pads (plus 2 crocheted ones not pictured...in laundry) & a burgandy colored casserole dish plus a bag of RW&B ice cube stars:

But, best of all & one of my 2 fav finds today is the above 50 cts. medium sized casserole dish that sits in a metal "cattail" base (the color is off in this pic...it's more burgandy like the first pic above):

And then I found this lovely green bowl (dishwasher safe) & bought it to add to my pottery decor on shelf above sliding glass doors...also 6 blue glass for 5 cts. each (not sure if I like them or not) but for that price, I brought them home! And a white teapot:

The green bowl turned out to be a surprise...a "friendship bowl" with a Maya Angelou verse on it...Maya is one of my fav authors!

But, the white teapot...WOW...that was a find...it's the other fav of the day... 50 cts. & it had this copper pc with it...couldn't figure out why it was on top of the teapot until I washed everything at home & it was lined with a type of felt ...a teapot warmer!

SURPRISE! It's a beautiful pc! (pardon the flash in the pic)...

You'll be seeing some of this GS "heavenly" finds in my t'scapes! TFLooking! Jeanne S. Oh, & I got a couple great Garden Junk items, too!

But, I was so good today...there was a wonderful set of pottery dishes for $35 at one sale...they were handmade & a service for 8, I think...big platters, bowls, just wonderful! I passed them up ...where would I store them in my cupboards??? etc. etc. So, after a few hours at home, I called the lady & said, "did you sell those pottery dishes?" NO! So I'm picking them up tomorrow...will share them later with a t'scape! LOL!

Guess I'm celebrating because I feel so much better..."shingles" are slowly disappearing...still on pain meds but so-so-so much better!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions