SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
livebetter

Crazy to hate my central vac??

livebetter
13 years ago

I have come to the realization that I hate the central vac. It cleans well (Beam) and I have lots of attachments.

The system was around 8 years old so I invested in a newer (lighter) hose thinking that would help - NOT.

I HATE lugging those 35 feet of hose around. I also have two small kids so I vacuum constantly - it seems the hose is always lying in my front hall (closest to the kitchen where I vacuum the most) Â which looks awful. My husband wants to know if itÂs become a piece of furniture.

Also, if you want to use attachments you have to lug them with you too. I have a mix of hardwood, tile, area rugs and broadloom so I need a few different floor tools. Also, the dusting brush which I use a lot. At least on the vacuum I'm considering, some tools come onboard.

I am seriously contemplating getting a Miele (as I believe them to be the best at cleaning and at indoor air quality  with the Hepa filter).

I looked at a canister today but want to see the S7 upright before I decide. Is this crazy?? I feel that the vacuum would not be so cumbersome and takes up less space than a 35Â hose.

Does anyone else hate their central vac??

Comments (14)