SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjeff2000

Elextrolux / ICON / Pro or Designer help

tjeff2000
12 years ago

Hi all,

I'm new on here.

I am currenlty in the middle of building a new house and need to make a decision on the appliances asap.

At first we started out looking at thermador double wall over, upgraded dishwasher with the special going on, induction top and an electrolux fridge.

After looking around here, I'm not too crazy about the thermador reliability.

I went to another showroom and saw the Electrolux ICON series. However, after calling around to about 20 local dealers, none of the have the ICON designer series on display. They all have the pro series on display. I kind of like the designer double oven with the black accents over the pro with solid stainless everywhere. As for the curved handles over the pro, we plan on getting the draw micro that has a curved handle anyways. (so confused right now, the name of micr escapes me althought I heard sharp makes them all anyways.) Also not a big fan of the clear glass either on the double ovens. Will the racks discolor over time and be an eyesore??? On the designer series, the black gives it the allusion of a tinted glass eventhough the rep said it also a clear one.

Is the designer series 'out of date'? Nobody has it on display, not even a single piece.

Seems like I'm becoming pro elextrolux, because even the regular series is a concideration. (30" ovens, dishwasher, and induction, however, I like the icon induction layout better so that choice has already been made.)

Any advise for a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Comments (14)