SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suelynnb_gw

Oops...no way to get into bonus room!

suelynnb
17 years ago

Our plans have a bonus room above the garage which we unfortunately did not pay much attention to during the design phase. We are currently framing and realized that there is no entry point into the room. I know this seems like such a stupid mistake, but I guess with the million other issues it just got overlooked.

We are now trying to figure out where to put an entry. Our first thought is to put a set of stairs along the back garage wall which would curve around to a balcony above the front garage doors. We would replace the window in the center above the front garage doors with an entry door. I should mention that our garage is 14' tall to the first floor ceiling. We have two single garage doors from the driveway and access through a double door from the backyard. Our two-car garage is only 21 x 24, so I don't think we would be able to have access from the interior of the garage.

I would greatly appreciate hearing your ideas. It is amazing how you can spend so much time on the little details and miss such a huge one!

a href="http://photobucket.com"; target="_blank">

Comments (11)