SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mem9

Wall Oven Installation

mem9
14 years ago

So: The installation instructions for Electrolux wall ovens actually say that the minimum cabinet size is 1/8" wider than the width of the oven (27-1/8" cabinet for a 27" oven; 30-1/8 inch cabinet for a 30" oven). That seems weird: who has a 27-1/8 wide oven cabinet? In any case: have you successfully installed a 30" Electrolux wall oven in a 30" cabinet; or a 27" oven in a 27" cabinet?

(Context: When we partially redid our Kitchen in late 2003, we got some new applicances (the most exciting being a 30" BlueStar rangetop) but kept the old 24" Kenmore Double Wall oven because, well, because it still worked fine, if with limited features. It still works seven years later but we will probably replace it in the not too distant future. I'd prefer to get a 27" double oven, rather than another 24." (If 24" (stainless; at least one convection), the main candidate is the Kitchenaid. Yeah, Miele or Gaggenau would be cool, but just too much money as you need to buy two of them.)

We have a 27" oven cabinet. The maximum cut-out that will be possible with that cabinet is 25-1/4". Only a limited number of 27"-wide ovens fit that bill (the others require a 25-1/2" wide cut-out). Among those that qualify are GE Monogram, GE Profile, Kenmore Elite, and Electroux. I was leaning toward the Electrolux, unitl I saw the odd cabinet-size requirement that started this post.)

Comments (6)