SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rrichardson_gw

Electrolux Icon E30EW85GSS Double Wall Oven issues

RRichardson
10 years ago

I bought a new Electrolux E30EW85GSS double wall oven that was a floor model from an Electrolux dealer that also installed. After install, the racks slide into the oven on their own & I burned my arm on the rack trying to get a hot casserole out. Called dealer/installer & they came out & stated everything was OK, it was a problem w/my kitchen cabinet not being plumb (not true). After a few weeks, part of the LED lights on the time display went out. Elux repair guy from VIA appliances came out, said he had to order part & would come back. 2 wks later he came back out, fixed the LED lights & could not get the oven back in. He told us that it was installed improperly, that the junction box in the back at the bottom was sticking out too far from the back wall so the upper part was flush to the cabinet but the lower part was sticking too far out and the screws put in during install were cockeyed. Left the oven sitting out & told us to get ApplianceLand installers to come out & install it correctly. Installers came out & stated that there was nothing they could do because the wires of the double oven were too short for them to seat the junction box further back & Electrolux would not allow an extension or it would void the warranty. Now we are left with an oven that will never go back in when the Electrolux VIA guys come out to fix it (I haven't even used self clean yet) & will require a 2nd visit from dealer installers to put it back in. After my warranty expires, I will need to pay double for any repairs. After reading forums, I called Electrolux CS and told my tale to Jasmine in Georgia, who said, "Sorry, your warranty does not cover improper installation." I said, I purchased a new oven from an Electrolux authorized dealer & paid their installers, so it should. Installers blame Electrolux design, Electrolux VIA repairman blames installers. I asked to return the oven & buy another brand right after the LED lights went out, but ApplianceLand said, "No, your 30-day return window has elapsed." What can I do?

Comments (12)