SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
codnuggets

My shower is a little less orange

codnuggets
16 years ago

It's almost a pity to see the beautiful orange Kerdi covered up, but it's great to see some tile going in. A few folks asked me to post progress pics when I got going. Sadly that was months ago and I'm just now beginning to tile due to a variety of work and family matters. Life gets in the way of living, eh? Anyway, here's my start:

Overall it's going well, although I'm having to work slowly to keep everything aligned since the tiles are hand made and all a little bit different. I'm having to over apply thinset to make sure I get good coverage with the back of the tile being uneven so I'll have a lot of gunk to scrape out of the joints later. The good part of that is it gives me an excuse for not having a truly flat surface - it's not supposed to be. There are a couple overly crooked pieces I may end up replacing if they bug me when I'm done, but overall I'm pleased with how it's coming together. The next step is the herringbone in the upper part of the shower. I spent 4 hours sketching out the layout on just that one wall.

More to come soon (hopefully).

Joe

Comments (9)