SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My Cinco de Mayo Evening & Table (Pics)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

Buenos dias!

After spending most of the day in town running errands, I didn't leave myself much time to set both tables up for pics ahead of time. Next time I'll plan better!

I set up the table on the back portal for pre-dinner maragritas with blue corn chips and my homemade guacamole.

It was a warm (early) evening, although the breeze kept blowing out my candle!

{{gwi:1423679}}

This tray matches my Talavara-inspired dinnerware. I love birds and have several great statues, but toucans are my favorite. As my dinner was going to be more of a seaside Mexican resort kind of meal, I decided to decorate the tables with a couple of them:

{{gwi:1423680}}

It took me a while to finish up the food, as I had to do that while answering a half dozen calls about two upcoming events I'm chairing. I was pretty frazzled by then! It was dark and my pictures came out blurred . . . so I had to reset the table this morning and take a few more to show you here.

I made cold crab tacos with my homemade creamy, lime, cilantro sauce; Moros Y Cristianos (black beans & rice) and a salad. We had a nice Chardonnay with dinner and I'd picked up a Key Lime Pie while I was in town for dessert. Only one pic of the food, as everyone was hungry and impatient to eat by then ;^P

Here's two from last night:

{{gwi:1423681}}

This is my Moros Y Cristianos (black beans & rice). The bowl is an old one from Mexico. I love sunflowers, and found the salad fork & spoon a few years ago.

{{gwi:1423682}}

Yesterday while I was in Kohls, I found these darling napkin rings, on sale for $1.99. The napkins are some of my favs, but the flash is making the border look washed out for some reason. The border is also green, not blue.

{{gwi:1423683}}

Here's my retakes from this morning:

{{gwi:1423684}}

I made this centerpiece last May to use on our table during the summer months. I needed something BIG, as our table is 9 1/2' long. The pot is Talavara from Mexico. The candelabras are old. Another toucan from my small collection. Too funny . . . I see Chloe's toy lobster on the floor over by one of her (three) beds!

{{gwi:1423685}}

And last, here's a close-up of one of the sunflower wine glasses I painted a few years ago:

{{gwi:1423686}}

Lynn

Comments (22)

Sponsored
More Discussions