SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Where did everyone go?

luvstocraft
15 years ago

Hmmm! Just signed on here, and there's no new postings to read. Where did everyone go? Some have been missing for several days even. Miss Kathleen is always here--she must be out planting flowers. And Judith--she hasn't been here and hasn't updated her blog, anyone heard from her? Hope she is okay. And Chijim--no inspiration pics even in a long time. What's up Jim? And Yachter, know she is busy with her grandson, but those yard sales are starting and we don't want her to forget about showing us all those goodies. Mary hasn't been around for awhile either. And Sandi was having computer problems and hasn't been back for a long long time. Guess I need to go check Tam and Mary Ruth's blog to see what they are up to. I miss you all you gals/guys, hope you are all okay and will come back soon. Luvs

Comments (21)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Same here, Luvs. I'm concerned about Judith, and Prosperity who may have needed neck surgery. Jim's not usually missing this long, so of course worry about him too.
    I care about all our friends here and sure miss them when they are 'gone'. So here's hoping everyone of them is doing ok and just busy with Life.
    The only place I seem to go, is crazy. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• tamgypsy
    15 years ago

Hi luvs and Karen...:)
    I am busy with my self created home project avalanche...lol
    The garage makeover is 99% completed (posted on my blog about it tonight) and the laundry room is about 80% done. After that I have to seal the stamped concrete patio and pool deck, power wash the house, weed and mulch all the flower beds, continue to complete the spring cleaning, have a garage sale, continue to keep up with the online college course I started last month and and get everything ready before I have family coming from overseas for a couple of weeks in June. Needless to say I won't be around much...:(

I miss all of ya and I am worried about Judith, prosperity and Kathleen. In addition I hope that Jim and the rest of the ladies are just busy with all the Spring tasks and that everyone drops in when they get a chance.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

• Related Discussions

So - Where Did Everyone Go?

Q

Comments (18)
    Well, my compost pile has a frozen crust on it and I'm now adding materials to the old black box rather than trying to get into the pile. When the black box is full I think I'll try using birdseed bags. I have a lot of empty birdseed bags (and a lot of full birds). While the cold is annoying, I had an epiphany of sorts this morning as I walked to the pile. Frozen dog poop and frozen turkey poop don't stick to your shoes! A small pleasure, but it matters when you're about to re-enter the house and didn't check your shoes. Claire (grasping at straws at the onset of winter)
    ...See More

Whats the deal?

Q

Comments (17)
    Cady, yes, I remember you being one of those who were really for the 'just' Bamboo forum, and I'm glad your efforts were listened to. I don't have plans on leaving this forum and hope to see you still post, at least every now and then. I signed up for one of the other forums, but it is kind of hard to get used to the way it is set up. I guess it is hard to try something new once you get set in your ways. Even if I decide to post elsewhere, I will still be here on this forum. Howdy MikeMcG. I agree, but I keep my sound off anyway so at least that part wasn't annoying. By the way, I haven't forgot. I have a lot going on, but am looking for the first open Friday for a visit. This is the worst time of the year for my bamboo. The potted bamboos in my greenhouses are starting to yellow somewhat, and the frosts keep taking leaves off of my outside bamboos, bit by bit. About six weeks, give or take and the worst will be behind us. I'll be in touch. Kt
    ...See More

WANTED: where is everyone?

Q

Comments (3)
    I'm here! (waving to honey) I know what you mean. I think everyone moved to that other place you hang out.
    ...See More

Where did everyone go?

Q

Comments (59)
    Hi daisy08 and gardendaydreamer! I agree with how much fun it is to see all those little seeds sprouting... I was so excited when I learned about WS in the fall that I put mine out in November and then worried that I did it too soon but thankfully many of my pots have sprouted. I would have never thought to do something like this and I'm grateful to all the members who have shared their experiences (and reassured us first timers)
    ...See More
  • kathleen_li
    15 years ago

Luvs, you are right! I was outside planting all day! Just made a dent!
    I have been thinking about Judith too. I hope she is doing ok.
    Big wave to everyone!!! Carry on, friends!

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Tam, please send me some of your energy ASAP. I am in dire need of it. Boy, you wore me out just reading what you've been doing!! Please take your coffee or tea breaks here with us and keep us posted when you can.

hugs, Karen

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

Hello friends :)

I have not been for a while: have been busy re-designing my weight loss site (spending my time to figure out how to use Joomla instead of a basic static site: Joomla is interactive; which will be funny for my visitors but is hard to understand and to make work) when my neck is not too painful. I'll have to go to see the doctor but still hesitate as I don't want to stay at the hospital ;-)

Had two days with less pain but don't know what I did Thursday night: the pain came back 300% and it's almost impossible to move my head.

Before going to pay for my definitive driving license exam, I opened my computer to wish you a happy mother's day for every day of the year as you all are wonderful mothers and friends and send a virtual lilac tree from my garden (which is waiting for a complete improvement when my neck will be ok).

{{gwi:1423358}}

TamGypsy, congrats on your hard work: did you bought a NEW garage???? It's a wonderful remodeling!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Okay, now I feel a little better hearing from Kathleen, Tam and Prosperity.

Now we just need Jim, Yachter, Mary Ruth and Judith to check in with us.

Luvs

• User
    15 years ago

Hi all - Just checking in, I haven't had much to offer up lately, I've been trying to get my yard in some kind of shape and I haven't been too inspirationally enthused with much of anything while browsing to create a thread.

I will show you this, my friend tells me she's sending me her artificial fruit because she's getting tired of the teens in her house constantly playing w/it....?
    Okay I'll take it, LOL - besides I have a tiered wire fruit basket to display it in.
    I'm not worried either because I know she buys quality things and this is quality faux fruit - I just wish they had artifical scent to add too it.

The nectarine's in front are not to be believed and the the cantaloupe is amazing - I even got a few kiwi!

Jim

I'll pass this on too - it a closeup of my magnolia that just got done blooming.

Oh here's Panda w/his new toy - it's a clump of Selena's dog hair.

Selena and Panda - she got in a good butt sniff!

• jaybird
    15 years ago

The magnolia is absolutely beautiful!!! Our big white magnolia is just starting to bloom...it is COVERED with buds!! I can't wait!
    Give Selena and Panda a big hug from her royal catness, Princess Posey :^)

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

That photo of Panda with a clump of dog hair is hysterical.
    I know you stay on your toes with this kitty around. The fruit is wonderful, looks good enough to eat. And the magnolia...well that is amazing to me here in the desert.
    Glad you are ok, we've missed you.

hugs, Karen

• thrift_shop_romantic
    15 years ago

The cat with the clump of dog hair is hysterical-- it's like Panda is trying to go incognito and doesn't look fully happy about it. :)

-Jenn

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

There you are Jim--and with cute pics to boot! ;o) Glad to hear from you. You can chime in here even when you don't have pics to share--otherwise we start to worry.

Too funny! Thought Panda had grown a beard for a minute there. That or she took a big bite out of the dog! LOL

I like the fruit, looks yummy to me. Too hard to try to have fresh fruit out, it spoils too quickly. Like your tiered stand too.

Luvs

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Hmmmm...let me think...what have I been doing? I went to Chapel Hill for a week, played catch up with the housework,
    laundry,etc when I got home.Caught up paperwork at church,babysat the youngest DGS for 3 days and nights, took Aunt Bernice to Dr appointments,the bank,grocery stores,and various nurseries for her annuals to go in her flower pots,shopped for flowers and shrubs for the steep bank beside my house and planted what I bought,went to my old house and dug up stuff and brought it here and planted it,tried some new recipes,cooked some good stuff for sick friends,visited sick friends and took good stuff to them,started planning wedding for dearest friends who are getting married on our anniversary June 21st,(He is in his 70s and she is 65) AIN'T LOVE GRAND!!

Oh, I almost forgot,my daughter told me she and her fiance were finally getting married after being together almost 6 years. The wedding date is MAY 23!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had exactly 2 weeks to help her get everything together for an outdoor wedding!
    Thank God it is going to be a small wedding and the mother-in-law to be loves to cook and volunteered to do most of the food for the reception.
    Sooooooooooooooo I've been a little busy, but not bored!!
    Missed being here with y'all. Wondered how everybody was. Maybe Mary Ruth and Judith have gone shopping for some "much needed" dishes to make us some new settings!!
    Betty

Just checking to see if I remembered how to post pics! This was my goodwill find for 50 cents.

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

What are you, Betty? The Energizer Bunny? And two weddings to work on no less. Glad you dropped in, we worry when someone is gone for a bit.

I am getting really concerned about Judith, sending her lots of prayers and white light to feel good and come back to us soon.

hugs, Karen

• judithva
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,
    So sorry it has been so long for me to visit with all of you. I just received my lap top back from the people who were to be "fixing" it. What a nightmare. There are problably 15 employees at this store, and I think only 2 of them know what they are doing. Every time I went back to pick it up there were still things they had not done!!! And I am a computer dummy and I was still able to point out their mess-ups...sooooo very frustrating. But now my computer was basically wiped blank, no "favorites" and all my wireless settings gone (they don't "do that setup" at the store), so I am pretty lost right now without my wireless being set up and of course I have NO email, that needs to be reset up I have no idea when that will happen. I will have to get with my wireless supplier to walk me thru that again (at a loss of 4 hours most likely and much difficulty with the languange barrier I always run into with Dell and the wireless company) Sighhhhhhhh!

So I am signing in early at work to be able to post this, but since it is at work I am VERY limited with posting. So until I get this mess straightened out I won't be about to participate much, plus I have another surgery coming up in June.

I do want to thank you all for thinking of me!!!!!!!!!! Everyone here is great, and I am missing so much. I hope I can come back and participate more soon, keep you fingers crossed for me. LOL
    Judith

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah, so glad to see your post Judith--we've been worried. So sorry to hear you have to have another surgery--continued prayers for you from here. (((Hugs)))

What an ordeal with your computer. You might be better off to find a college kid who could come help you with it. No fun to be without your computer--for you or us! Hope it will all be up and running again soon.

Betty, that's a really sweet bunny. Good find. You have been busy. Sounds like you do so much for so many--how did you ever have time to work???? Good thing you are retired now--but aren't you amazed how fast the days pass?

Luvs

• jaybird
    15 years ago

((((((Judith))))))))))))....
    If you get to the point of needing him, we have a techy guy who does some over the phone help on set ups, etc..
    He also speaks English!

Here is a link that might be useful: here he is

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Whew, hi Judith. The computer issues sound like enough to drive one round the bend. I only had to deal with 4 days of getting my new computer reset like the old one. But that was totally frustrating, plus expensive. I sure hope your laptop gets set up again soon.
    I'm sorry you have another surgery to deal with, will be sending prayers for it to be successful and your recovery as gentle and fast as possible. If you can, let us know how long you might be in hospital. Or show your DD how to post to us if you're not here for a bit. We love you, miss you, and worry about you.
    Take care and know we are always here for you.

hugs, Karen

• bettyd_z7_va
    15 years ago

Judith,so glad to hear from you. I worry when I don't see a post from you every couple of days.
    Still praying for you and also have you on our prayer list at church.
    And you're still having problems with your laptop on top of everything else? Mama always said "When it rains, it pours."
    Good, healthy, strong vibes coming your way.(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))) from me, too.
    Betty

• mary_ruth
    15 years ago

I have been doing what I can in the yard and helping my friend set up for a huge after wedding party.
    I came on here to see what is new with everyone! Glad Judith got to post, she has had such a frustrating experience with that computer!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Mary Ruth, good to hear from you again too. We sure worry when any of our friends have been MIA for more than a few days. Even if you feel you have nothing to contribute--just post a "hello" message, okay? I still want to try your paper roses soon--just haven't gotten around to buying the filters yet. I'd seen the MS video clip on them--but liked reading your experiences/tips more.

So glad Judith was able to let us hear from her. Sounds like the place where she took her computer has just given her the run around--they could have built the thing in the time they have taken to fix this one! Even though she can't post, hopefully she is snapping lots of pics to post later! ;o)

Luvs

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

Betty, congratulations on your daughter's wedding! May angels drop happiness along her way!

Sponsored
More Discussions