SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzienj

Please help.... we have closed and now the issues start

suzienj
14 years ago

We built our dream home in a development (small community)-- we spent 2 years renting to build this house-- we saved and saved for this house... now i'm just TIRED....

We have had multiple issues (some bigger issues include- multiple locations in the basement have water seaping in through the seams - along the walls- while its not "pouring in water" its still coming through the walls where the seams meet

Our roof-- literally 30% of the shingles on our 3800 sq ft house blew off last night (this is the 3rd time we are having this issue) our neighbors all lost some too-- but we lost the most. We are requesting a new roof....but i'm sure the process will be long and drawn out... meanwhile they "patched" it today

The master bedroom/bathroom is over the garage-- its cooler in that room compared to any other room and we live in a cooler state so this will always be a source of annoyance. We paid extra to upgrade the tile, tub, basically everything in the bathroom- so someone said radiant floor heating but then we would have to rip up our brand new floor --- DH said to use a space heater for the bathroom

the bedroom is carpeted so i'm not sure if long term a fireplace would look good in a carpeted area.... also its another BIG cost-- the fireplace store estimated $10K for a fireplace that would heat the masterbedroom and vent to the bathroom...

I can hear the garage door open/close every morning b/c we are over the garage-- i will never live in a house again where the bedroom is over the garage- who knew??

They did not offer us foam insulation - i wonder now if that would have been better than regular insulation as far as the garage/master situation??

Solutions are welcome....

I feel like selling and getting back to my small rental that caused me no problem. Its horrible spending all of our savings and being in this situation.. And i dont want to uproute my children AGAIN- its just not fair to any of us-- i wish i could sue the builder for my tears ....

We are planning on hiring a home inspector to see what other issues might there be?? and his idea of solutions....

Comments (12)