SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryann_m

Suggest tile for my tub/shower surround

maryann_m
12 years ago

We've been moving along in our bathroom remodel and have made many of our choices. One thing that we still need to select is tile for our tub/shower surround. I've previously had ceramic tile at a number of places throughout our home, but I've grown to hate trying to keep grout clean. I opted to use wood-look vinyl planks for flooring in this bathroom remodel. But, I'm willing to go with tile for the tub/shower surround if the tiles are fairly large and the grout lines are rather minimal. So--no floor tile to match or coordinate in this case.

I've learned about rectified tile by reading this forum, and I've learned that I can have very tight grout lines if I select a rectified tile. I'd love some recommendations of tile brand and size for a 5' alcove bathtub/shower surround. Pictures would be wonderful!

I'm planning to install this tile myself. I've previously done a tub surround, a kitchen backsplash, bathroom floor, foyer floor, etc., so I have some experience. Is installing rectified tile in a shower surround something that a semi-experienced DIY'er should attempt? From what I'm reading, it's a very exacting process.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022