SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauralena_gw

Advice needed for small shower

Lauralena
10 years ago

I have a very tiny shower (3' x 3') in a room laid out like the one in this photo (my inspiration photo from Houzz). My shower is separated from the rest of the room only by the curb (absent in the photo). My bathroom is even smaller than the one in this photo; the rest of the room is about 3 'x 5'.

The shower opening is too small for a frameless glass door.

My question:
Do I...
1) get a shower curtain? If yes, should I get a straight rod or a curved one? Do they even make ones for openings this small? And much as I'd like more elbow room in the shower, I don't know if I want the curved rod protruding into the valuable air space in the rest of the room.
OR
2) do nothing (as the people did with the bathroom in this photo). Or will that make a total mess? As in this photo, my shower head faces the opposite wall, not the opening. I could always put a mat down on the other side of the curb to catch the splatter. Not having a rod/curtain would certainly make the room look larger.

If it matters, my floor is a glass mosaic, same floor for shower and rest of room. Shower curb is honed marble.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Comments (22)