SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yachter123

Here's mine...

yachter123
17 years ago

Problems, had to use my new ice tea glasses, my only good water glasses are pink, my theme is green & yellow! Brought out my green placemats & they do not match the plates at all, not even close, but too late now. Forgot to put the silverware out for the picture, but here is what I have....took some without the flash, it was washing out the color of the plates, they were picking up the flash & looked white!

I think in these pictures I have one setting for my 4 year old g-son, it's a bunny plate, took pics without it but then changed the tablesetting!

{{gwi:1422546}}

{{gwi:1422547}}

{{gwi:1422548}}

{{gwi:1422550}}

Comments (36)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Yachter, I love, love your table. I really like everything. I love your yellow egg cups. And your centerpiece is so pretty. I like the green and yellow in your stems and the floral napkins on the plates. I really like the yellow you've used. And please tell where you got the yellow egg cups and the veggies you used in your centerpiece. Your table is just perfect.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Sandi, the yellow egg cups were unfinished plaster craft at Hobby Lobby. The oldest grandson & I were in there Friday, he has an ear infection & he wanted to paint them & the eggs for Easter for my table, so I thought it was a good quiet activity for him. They turned out so good, I was shocked, I sprayed them with pearlized spray sealer.

• Related Discussions

Speaking of kids/grandkids recovery from accidents... here's mine

Q

Comments (14)
    Thanks everyone for your nice compliments...That is my granddaughter Emmy on the left,she is 10, my daughter's name is Aimee, she is 36. And absolutely.. 911 should have been called, she had no idea how serious it was. The doctor said more then likely what saved her life is at that time in her life, before she was working.. she was at the gym 6 days a week and ran 5 miles a day, she was and still is very fit.
    ...See More

Christmas decorating is also decorating so here's mine.

Q

Comments (14)
    Very lovely! I have a question, where and how do you store all of your decorations the rest of the year? Garage? Shed? Rental unit? I decorate fairly extensively inside our home for Christmas, but nothing outside really, and my storage boxes have pretty much taken over our large garage storage closet. So much so, my DH is threatening to "lose some". But, anyhoo, my major Christmas decorating starts today, so thank you for your inspirational jumpstart.
    ...See More

What's view out your kitchen window on May 19th? Here's mine

Q

Comments (21)
    mobuddy89, my understanding is that flies are attracted to the moisture from the eye's tear ducts. Not sure about the ears, I guess I assume it's because the skin is thin inside their ears with the blood vessels right below the surface. Some folks think masks are frou frou, but I'll never forget a herd of horses I stopped to snap a photo of a couple summers ago. This pretty paint mare came up to me, and her face was totally black, covered with flies like its own mask.
    ...See More

Favorite wedding--Here's mine--share yours please!

Q

Comments (12)
    My favorite wedding was a non wedding. DD became engaged on Christmas Eve. They planned to take it slow and marry the following summer or fall. But her accounting brain took over and she ran their taxes. She called me in tears that they had to get married now!!! Of course I thought she was with child so I consoled her by saying, well so it's a bit sooner than planned but these things work themselves out etc. She said I'm not pregnant, it's taxes. LOL So on News Years Eve her brother married her quietly without fanfare. They met halfway as if they were meeting to drop off a package and that was that. Fast forward to the following year. DD and her DH decide to host an anniversary party. We had been a pirate loving family long before it became a thing with Johnny Depp. She decided the party should be pirate themed and all guests would come dressed as pirates. So she went and had her pirate costume designed with pants and a rip away skirt with matching vest for her DH. We held it at a local restaurant with a basement. The pirates in attendance all showed up bearing wedding gifts. I got a small tiered cake which I decorated at the last minute with sugar sea shells. They had a sit down banquet with three meal choices for the guests. A new Years Eve Party was in full swing upstairs and we had several party crashers who wanted to visit the pirates and take pictures. People are still talking about that pirate non wedding. to this day.
    ...See More
  • hi2all
    17 years ago

Yachter, your table looks beautiful. I really like your egg cups and the flowers. It all looks so pretty. The dotted plates are wonderful -- I've never seen any like those before.

I'm enjoying all the pretty tables everyone has created.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Yachter, your centerpiece is wonderful. That looks like the same ceramic bunny I had and couldn't figure out what to do with it. Gotta save a pic of your table for future reference if you don't mind. I love the way you did the flowers and the vegetables. Are the veggies glass? The radishes really look like glass. And are the flowers silk or real---they really look real in the pic. I think you put together a wonderful table--love all the yellow and green. Great job! Luvs

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

hi2all, thanks for the compliments but I'm such a novice at this, I really thought the table looked so cluttered but it looks better in the pics, in person I am overwhelmed with all the decor, not what I'm used to doing.

Luvs, the flowers are silk, the radishes are a candle (Kirklands) and the other veggies are from Joanns.
    That is one of the bunnies from TJ Max, I think you probably did get that one, I know several of us had bought one or the other from TJ's. I had a hard time deciding on which one from TJ's they had about 3 different ones I think. I was leary of the centerpiece, the flowers almost entirely hide the bunny so I may have gone overboard on the flowers. At least we're all progressing thanks to Judith, I would have never had anything like this for Easter had I not found this forum. I would have had a bowl with my egg candles in it with easter grass! LOL

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

I was reading your post, and you made me laugh at how you told of your woes in decorating. I was going to try and do an Easter table just to take photos for here, and also see if I can even DO a tablesetting. From what you said, I figured I'd be in the same boat with stuff and just not prepared to do this right. Then I got to the photos and WOW. You did a beautiful job and I love how it all turned out. Congrats on this, you deserve it.
    You and Luvs may have scared me off with your first attempts , I think you've absorbed a lot more than I have so far. Going to my son's for our family Easter dinner, but thought if I felt up to it, I'd play with a table just to see if I could do one. I'm saving yours for inspiration in the future tho.
    Karen

• tamgypsy
    17 years ago

yachter...you did GREAT for your first try...:)
    I love the veggie touches...you'll be able to incorporate that in another Spring or Summer look even after Easter...like the others I also really enjoyed seeing those polka dot plates...and the yellow easter cup...In my opinion your table is not cluttered at all...it looks wonderful...:)
    Happy Easter...:)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Yachter, Your yellow egg cups turned out just wonderful. Tell your GS he did a fantastic job on the egg cups and the eggs. We don't have a HL here. Your table is so pretty. Hi2all & Tam sees dots on your plates and I can't see any dots. Why can't I see the dots? Please take a close up when you have time. I thought your flowers were real. They look very pretty and I don't think you overdid them at all. And I just have to go to Joann's for some veggies. They look so nice with your centerpiece.

Karen, You have lots of Easter stuff to play with so go for it. We want to see pics of your play tables too please.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Great job Yachter! The table looks so pretty , and I love your bunny and tulip centerpiece and candles. Your glasses look fine, don't worry! The yellow and green plates look very good together. And I can see the dots, too!
    Have a great day and enjoy your family. And then tomorrow you can start thinking about the next holiday tablesetting!

• hi2all
    17 years ago

Sandi, the first three pictures are the ones where I can see the dotted plates. The closest table setting in the third picture is the one that's the clearest.

Yachter, I would never have known the radishes were a candle if you hadn't said so. It really looks good.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Hi2all, OH! The yellow plates have little white dots! I think I can see them in the 3rd pic. Thanks for telling me where to look. Oh, I love dots on plates.

• User
    17 years ago

Wow! What time is dinner!!!!

Jim

• lorinscott_1
    17 years ago

Yachter, what a gorgeous table......LOVE your floral bunny centerpiece! The green and yellow combo is so fresh and pretty.....go ahead and break out those pink glasses, they'll be fine.

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you all, I got up this morning & it looked so pretty to me, I think I'm getting used to it & also think if the room was bigger the table wouldn't look so overwhelming!

I took these pics today, without flash, wanted some with the true colors, but there is no sun out, so this is just daylight as best I can get it today!

{{gwi:1422552}}

{{gwi:1422553}}

{{gwi:1422554}}

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Karen, since you didn't do an Easter table, we are all going to look to you for inspiration for the next tablescape!! Spring!!

• marylmi
    17 years ago

yachter, "pretty as a picture" describes your table! I loved your centerpiece and your dotted plates are really cute! Great job!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Yachter, great pics. Looks like something that should be in a magazine! Love the color combinations you used. You certainly found some nice silk tulips--they just look so realistic. I love that you did two colors too--would never have thought to do that. Excellent tablescape--you should be proud, gal. Luvs

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Yachter, I went to Joann's today to buy some veggies like yours and they were on sale. They didn't have the green onions though. Where did you buy them please?

They had yellow placemats there. The rectangle were the kind of rubbery stuff like the rubbermaid shelf liner and were $2 and the round were wicker and $3. They were a lemon yellow color.

• judithva
    17 years ago

Yachter, Wow, you did fantastic! I love the yellow and green together, a fav color combo for me. Yellow is just so happy. The great thing is you will be able to use most of your things for other table settings too. I think it look just fine and not overly "big" for the space at all, I think you are just not "used" to it. But, look out, tablesetting grows on you, and the next thing you know, you're sneaking dishes in the house and hiding them in places no one should ever put dishes LOL. Wonderful job!

For those looking for pretty faux silk veggies, Michaels Arts and crafts has a bunch. My Joanns rarely has anything here, it is one understocked store....

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks all, I am in the process of putting it all away today & this is NOT the fun part of it! LOL It doesn't look like that much til you start putting it all away.

Thanks Judith for your vote of confidence, it means a lot to me since you are the expert here!!!

Sandi, the green onions were from Joanns, but probably back in Feb. they were in a clearance bin, but only at one Joanns, the other one had none, so like Judith said, Joanns are kind of hit & miss for anything! They also had tomatoes & I didn't get any, now I wish I had!!

Our Michaels hasn't had any veggies, maybe too early, but I've checked there twice for them.

My son was so impressed with my table, when they walked in, he said "WOW, this is amazing, how did you learn this from talking to people on the internet?" I laughed, I said we don't just talk, we share pictures too! Everyone loved the table, but my sons reaction was the best!

• judithva
    17 years ago

Yachter, you said "my sons reaction was the best!"

There is a popular saying for that......"PRICELESS!"

Yea! good for you, that is wonderful! I hope you find your veggies.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Yachter, Isn't it a wonderful feeling when we do something we love and get recognition from our kids? Especially sons! I sent my DD a pic of my Easter table and her 9 yr old son was more impressed that anyone else and I thought he would care the least. And our Joann's had the tomatoes yesterday, but they weren't on sale so I didn't get any. I'll have to check Michael's for some other fruits and veggies also. And if you find any butter yellow tapers or placemats in a common store please let me know.

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

I stopped at the small Joanne's today. I got three of the carrots, two tomatoes, and one green bell pepper for 50 cents each. I wanted some of the hot peppers too, but they were all really scraped up. I had to really check all of the veggies to be sure they weren't all chipped up. Thanks for the heads up on those Sandi. I'd still like a couple of the lettuces too--will have to see if our Michael's has gotten any more in or maybe head over to Kirklands to check there too.

I bought the glass veggies today too. I haven't taken a pic yet, had to soak them to get all the labels off. I'll get one taken so I can show you what they look like. All they had was corn, eggplant, celery and green bell peppers. I tried putting them in a glass bowl but was so afraid they would get chipped, so I put them in a basket for now. I really think they will look better just laid in an arragement like Yachter has done. Sorry to talk about them when the pic is not uploaded yet.

Yachter and Sandi, isn't it nice to have your "creations" appreciated? How great is that? Like Judith said, Priceless. ;o)

Luvs

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Judith, it was priceless, never thought of that when I was posting here! LOL My son is always over here with his kids, they live about 5 minutes from us so I had told him NOT to come over Saturday, said I would be busy all day cooking, but I really didn't want them to see the table til Easter!!!

Sandi, yes it was great to have the good reactions to my project, shows what we're learning here is paying off! Yes, I will let you know if I see any butter yellow tapers or placemats. I'm looking for some pretty bright pink or coral placemats, prefer the straw ones if anyone sees them.

Luvs, that is what I paid for the veggies at Joanns too, but our two Joanns have none left now at that price. The Joanns closest to me is pathetic to say the least, it's small & under stocked in most things, the other one is about 20 miles for me, but I'd rather drive to that one since it's bigger & better stocked. The cabbage I saw at Kirklands was huge, I mean I thought it was really pretty, but would take up the whole center of the table. That is where I found my radish candle that I had in my centerpiece. I wish Kirklands wasn't so far away, wanted to hit them up after Easter, but can't get there til maybe the weekend! They have some neat things you don't see everywhere else.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Yachter,

Our Joann's had some bright pink placemats $3 each and they were round wicker. Also, the pink placemats I used on my Easter table came from Dollar Tree for $1. DT also had some just like them in a color I would say is between coral and a lightish orange. They were a very pretty color and definitely not orange.

• judithva
    17 years ago

sandi, I am so ticked at our JoAnns, they had NO pink placemats, they just don't have much at all at ours. I love the round mats because they fit my round table best. GRRRRR

I did get round turquoise placemats at out Dollar store a few weeks ago, thank goodness for the dollar store LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Dollar Tree has the round tourquoise wicker mats also. They are really pretty, but I don't have any tourquoise. I am looking for some lime green ones, but no luck so far.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Sandi, lime green and turq go and pink too. So get yourself out and buy those mats!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen, You're not playing fair! I've had those turquoise (oops, I spelled it wrong above) placemats in my mind ever since I saw them and if I were to buy them I would have to have something else in turquoise on the table. And I can NOT afford to go buy anything else right now! LOL

• yachter123
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sandi, you are kidding, those placemats on your Easter table were from DT??? Wow, they were gorgeous! I never see placemats at our DT, like I said, the one closest to me is not the best one around, but the others are quite a drive for me, as our the better Joanns.

Judith, sounds like your Joanns is as lame as mine. Wonder why they have small, lame ones & then other towns have nice big new ones? There are two north of me, but both are a drive for me, they are both new & very big, the one nearest to me is small & messy & dirty, there are a ton of larger empty storefronts they could move into, but just don't!!!

Lime green is my favorite color the past few years, in clothes, shoes, decor etc. Just love that color, will let you know if I see any lime green ones. Home Goods usually has a large selection of placemats, but pricier than DT and if we want a large variety of them, we need to watch our $$$$$! LOL

• Purplemoon
    17 years ago

Ok, probably a dumb question, but why can't you spray paint wicker placemats any color you want?

Karen

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Karen, I don't see why you couldn't spray paint the wicker placemats since you can spray paint wicker furniture. I would think you would just have to let them air out really good before you use them to get the paint smell out.

• hi2all
    17 years ago

Sandi, I have some of the round lime green placemats from DT. I only have two, though, so that is no help to you. I bought them a few weeks ago.

I did go in DT Friday and look for the lime green ones for you, but they didn't have any of them left. In fact, there were none of the round ones in any color. I guess lots of other people liked them too.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Hi2all, Thanks for thinking of me. Our DT didn't have any lime green placemats. They had the round wicker ones in red, fuchsia, orange and turquoise. I think I will go back and get the turquoise even though I don't have anything else in that color...YET! I really loved the orange also. LOL

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes, you go get those, Sandi....oops I am not supposed to encourage you to buy things. Disregard...

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kathleen, You know it doesn't take much encouragement for me to go buy something. LOL You should be helping me stay strong! ;~)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions