SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladycfp_gw

Deck mounted tub works- share yours!

ladycfp
16 years ago

If I had it to do over, I would not have the works on my clawfoot tub deck mounted, but there is no going back. How I wish I had asked THAT question here first! However, since there is a leak in the waste/overflow pipe (actually a pinhole, likely a flaw in the cast) I do get a do-over chance at the type of faucet I can have. I bought a Randolph Morris tub filler set at Vintage Tubs (who, by the way, are FABULOUS at customer service) that has a hand shower and a gooseneck faucet, and what I don't like about it is it makes adding hot water while in the tub dangerous as the water pours right on your legs. Because the faucet is so high, and protrudes from the rim, you can't really scoot over and avoid the stream, you have to carefully angle it between your knees if that makes sense. Plus, the works being deck mounted, they tend to take up bathtub space in that they overhang more than I'd like, but that may be the nature of the beast.

VT is offering to replace what I have or I can choose something else entirely if I wish. I must have a hand shower, and the finish has to be oil rubbed bronze or old world bronze, but that leaves a lot of options. Here is what I have now. Any die hard bathers out there have input? Please tell me what you like and don't like about your setup. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Randolph Morris tub works

Comments (3)