SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollymcb_gw

need advice--is tub deck necesssary with jacuzzi tub?

mollymcb
16 years ago

We are in the midst of a build, being complete newbies to the process. We've realized that our builder on our fixed price contract is one to cut corners to the point that we don't trust anything he says now. (Lovely place to be, I tell ya!) :-) Anyway, I fought him for a large corner two-person jacuzzi tub for the master (vs. a one-person tub).

Now, I have 2 questions.

1)My builder says it's not necessary to build "decking" around the tub to tile around it, as I thought was necessary. Instead, he says all they need to do is tile from the lip of the tub to the floor, straight down, which I don't think looks as nice. Is this correct for this type of tub? Here is a link to the tub on the Lowe's website: (sorry, my computer won't let me cut and paste pics)

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=50692-69094-DC25959&lpage=none

2) Also, my builder initially said we'd have room for a larger shower with a bench. Now he claims that b/c the motor of the corner tub is located beside the shower, he cannot make the shower abut the tub b/c he has to leave room for the motor to be worked on. Now we have a gap about 1 1/2 feet between the tub and shower. Is what he says true?

I'd appreciate any advice on this! thanks!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH