SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
segesta

new Bertazzoni and Broan: photos

segesta
13 years ago

What was it Tyler Durden who said: "Working jobs we hate to buy (stuff) we don't need"? Well, I present to you the latest Stuff I Don't Need.

Details:

Bertazzoni Professional model X304GGVX

Broan E6430SS

(Cabinets were installed several years ago. They are just Kraftmaid from Home Depot.)

Would have included photos of a Fisher Paykel refrigerator but its delivery was delayed.

That black area below the hood is where the OTR microwave was. Until I can put tile or place a piece of steel there, I just painted it black. Looks better than drywall, at least.

Purchased from Grand Appliance in Naperville IL. I was happy with their service and delivery.

I'll provide a better review later, but initial thoughts on the Bertazzoni are:

1. Yes, it is a little weird to start the burners. Once you see the blue flame, you're not done yet--keep holding the knob for another 2 seconds or so. No big deal.

2. The steel finish is prone to scratching. This is my first SS appliance so maybe that's simply to be expected.

3. Yes, it does blow warm air into the kitchen. That's the "cooling" fan, and it's on whenever the oven is on. Not a problem now; I'll let you know what I think in July or August.

4. It really does look nice.

Thanks for indulging me. If anyone has questions please let me know.

PS the flash on my camera makes the cabinets look almost orange. So that's a distortion.

And Mr. Bertazzoni must have been a Detroit Red Wings fan?

Comment (1)