SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dxcspilk_gw

Forget steam mops, you have to try this...

dxcspilk
15 years ago

I have 1400 sq ft of tile and wood flooring, so after reading all the raves of steam mops on this site I went out and bought the steam shark. I have to say I was sorely disappointed. It left my floors streaky and I felt I was just pushing the dirt around, instead of picking it up. And the steam shark took some elbow grease to use.

I am ecstatic that I found the Hoover Floormate Widepath. I assumed like so many other floor cleaners that I have tried I would be taking it back. NO WAY will I ever be with out my HFW! You will be AMAZED at the dirt this thing picks up. Even in areas you thought were clean! Yes I had to change the dirty water out and add more to the clean tank quite a few times for how much square footage of hard floors I have. But no more so than any other machine I have tried. And I was more than happy to dump out that nasty water! I am actually pleased with how much dirty water there was, that means it is not left on my floor!

It was very easy to assemble, took three minutes and no tools required. It has two sets of brushes, regular, and longer, stiffer brushes for grout. It takes only a minute to switch them (no need to switch if you have only tile, just use the grout brushes).

The dry vac part of it works okay to pick up crumbs prior to using the wet vac. However don't toss out your regular vacuum (or broom and dustpan) just yet. This will not pick up nearly as well for the times in between when you are not using the cleaning mode.

The scrubbers do an amazing job of scrubbing the floor. When I first brought my Floormate Widepath home I had a dried O.J. mess under my 2 year olds chair with food and crumbs stuck in. I thought there was no way that was coming clean easily. Two passes with the floormate and it was gone!

The suction is AMAZING for picking up the water off of the floor. It practically leaves the floor dry, and is dry within one to two minutes.

I use only water to clean my floors. For one I am cheap, and what is cheaper than water? And two, I have alergies to many cleaning products. It is nice to know there is no residue chemical when my kids are playing on the floor. If I feel the floors need to be sanitized I add white vinegar to the clean tank.

The best part is it is as easy to use as a vacuum. I find myself waiting for my kids to spill something or come in with dirty feet just so I can pull out my Floormate!

From reading other reviews I would definatelly get the widepath version.

Comments (15)