SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gtrshop

Fridge Runs and Runs...

gtrshop
14 years ago

A week or so ago we noticed water on a couple containers in the fridge section of or Whirlpool Gold refrigerator (I can't remember the model number, but it's a freezer-on-tio model). Fridge is about 6 years old and never caused us any trouble to date.

We pulled the fridge out from the wall and took a look behind; wasn't much to see everything is covered by a pressboard back. I was surprised how clean it was back there, usually there areas are prime for all manner of dirt and dog hair. We didn't see anything out of the ordinary, so we put it back. Yesterday we emptied the freezer section an turned the temp to warmer (as low(warm) a setting as it would go) to try and coax the fridge to cycle to defrost. Not sure if it did or not, but it hasn't stopped running since yesterday, and there is quite a bit of frost buildup in the empty freezer (we moved most of the food to the outside freezer).

Not sure if this is normal for these fridge's or not - to run that long...it's not the compressor running it's a fan or something...or maybe it is the compressor, I don't know much about refrigeration...

S~

Comments (5)